Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanks all for giving me a thanksgiving break! Now back to... More hidden resources... Otis Library Norwich and other public libraries

I have to admit I'm a little slow coming back from my Thanksgiving break and don't have a big blog post planned.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to the public libraries. While not every public library in Connecticut has a genealogy collection, several have fantastic collections and will work hard to provide you with the help you need. I've yet to visit, but Otis Library in Norwich has a fantastic website. They list their rates for research, provide information on their collections, and offer contacts for the local historical and genealogical societies. Visit their website at : http://www.otislibrarynorwich.org/genealogy.html. When you're doing research, don't forget the public library. You'll never know what you'll find!

No comments:

Post a Comment