Friday, December 2, 2011

Follow Friday: Ancestor Central

Well, it turns out my hunt for my new line has officially ended until I can travel. The New England Historic Genealogical Society - my usual source for online church records - doesn't have any records for my ancestor's home town. I'm going to have to go to old fashioned genealogy. That means going through the records in person. I can't wait!

Of course, as always, I'm wondering if I missed a good online resource. There aren't many out there for my family's small hometown. A few people have transcribed the vital records index. There's almost nothing else. Do you have a favorite shoreline genealogy website to share?

In the meantime, I thought I'd share another Connecticut blog. AncestorCentral is run by a genealogist from northern Connecticut. Her focus is her personal research and family traditions. While she's just getting started, it looks like she has some great information. She's already shared her own family traditions about Christmas and pictures of the local cemetery. If you're interested in northern Connecticut, take a look at her blog on her website: http://www.ancestorcentral.com/.

Do you have a favorite CT genealogy blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment