Saturday, January 14, 2012

Society Saturday Update: Connecticut Historical Society

  Thanks to a few of my Connecticut genealogy friends for sharing Connecticut Historical Society's latest tour. Thought it might be of interest to a few of you the next time you visit CT.  The Connecticut Historical Society is offering a behind the scenes tour on the second Saturday of each month. Here's the information copied from their website:


Behind-the-Scenes Tours

Saturday, January 14
FREE with general admission

Join us each second Saturday in 2012 for one or both of these 45-minute guided tours:
2:00 Behind-the-Scenes Collections Tour

Get a sneak peek into non-public storage areas and see some of the CHS collection not currently on exhibit.
3:00 Secrets of the Veeder House

From the servants' quarters to the original elevator, this is a rare opportunity to explore the architecture and see some of the non-public details of the 1928 house that is now CHS.
For more information, call (860) 236-5621 x209 or email Mary Muller.



I'll probably not make it up this weekend, but I'm definitely adding this to my to-do list. I can't even imagine what the CHS vault looks like.  CHS has been in Connecticut since the 19th century, so I can imagine that it has a lot that could tell me about my ancestor's lives. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment