Saturday, April 21, 2012

Society Saturday: Lyme Historical Society

   I'm still working on my Graves family project. Since I'm working a Daughters of the American Revolution application, I need to trace all the ancestors that connect Benjamin Graves of East Haddam to yours truly. To get there, I'm relying heavily on historical society resources. I've already talked about East Haddam's Historical Society. Today, I thought I'd share the next one on my list.
   The Lyme Historical Society appears to no longer be active (please, if I'm wrong, correct me!). Founded in 1936, they collected extensive local history records. Those records have been transferred to the Florence Griswold Museum. While you can access them through a visit to their library, they do seem to not do research for you. A visit is on my to-do list. I'd love to know more about what they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment