Thursday, April 5, 2012

Those Places Thursday: Millington Church

   On Sunday, I blogged about my discovery that my ancestors had likely attended the Millington Church, not East Haddam Congregational. I've since learned a little bit more about the church. The most recent incarnation of the church - built in 1832- was destroyed by a fire in 1971. Sadly, the building's owner was in the midst of restoring the structure. A previous version dates from 1792. I suspect there are at least one or more older buildings on the site. This additional knowledge is great, but I still have a lot of questions.
   I'd love to know more about the history of the congregation and the building. It would be wonderful to know the details. When was it founded? How many people attended? I'd also love to see pictures. The Courant article which recounted the fire didn't include photos.
   I'll have to do some digging on my own to find records, but I thought I'd also pose the question to you all. How do I find more about Millington's church?

No comments:

Post a Comment