Friday, June 8, 2012

Follow Friday: Rocky Hill Historical Society

   You may be wondering how I find new blogs. To be honest, it's often a lot of time spent on Google. Many people don't feel the need to publicize their blogs thoroughly. I've often found a great blog - and one I never would have found otherwise - eight or so pages in. Of course, this method means that I tend to work a bit out of order. Today's  no exception.
  The Rocky Hill Historical Society's blog is somewhat of a mixed bag. The blog functions as the Society's website. Click on the links in the top right menu to learn more. There, you'll be able to find out more about interesting places in Rocky Hill history; local histories of the Historical Society, town, and ferry; the Rocky Hill Congregational Church; how to visit the Society and more. The front page of the blog functions as a typical blog. Postings, which are added irregularly, include obituaries of notable locals, major events in town, and reader questions.
  My reaction to the blog was also mixed. I was less than thrilled with the main page of the blog. The postings are a little too irregular for my taste. Unless I lived there, I don't know that I'd be able to follow the mixture of topics. The side pages were much better developed and function as a great resource. I especially loved the history of the Rocky Hill Ferry.

No comments:

Post a Comment