Saturday, July 28, 2012

Surname Saturday: Interesting article on a Titanic victim (Hocking, Middletown)

   I admit it, I'm behind the times! I'm sure many of you remember that April marked the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titantic. As part of that anniversary, the Middletown Patch featured a series of articles on the Titanic. I recently reread them, and one caught my eye. An article about Titanic victim Samuel Hocking describes how he was headed to meet his brother in Middletown.  Thomas Hocking lived in Middletown for several years, before eventually moving to New London.  An Ancestry.com tree traces the Hocking family's life in Connecticut. It's a nice reminder that the Titanic victims were more than just stories. Kudos to the researchers for their hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment