Monday, October 1, 2012

Motivation Monday: Getting Started Writing....

   I have an ancestor with a fantastic story. Child of immigrants, he lived an incredible life of his own.  Part of it has been maintained in family lore, but since he died without descendents, that lore is missing a few details. That's where the genealogists' role comes in.
   I've been procrastinating on writing that ancestor's story for a while now. There's a draft sitting in notebook near my feet... and I'm reaching the bottom of my to-do list. It's almost time to get started.
   So which leads me to my question: how do you get started?

These are my tips - thus far:
   1. Bring a notebook with you when you travel. At least you'll eventually be forced to start.
    2. Make sure you can see that notebook when it's time to start typing... (Guilt trip!)

And I'll let you know when I manage to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment