Monday, October 29, 2012

Motivation Monday: Organizing Electronic Files

  I've recently been faced with cleaning out my teaching files. What a mess! I have a multitude of handouts, my teaching notes, photos and more. I'm gradually trying to sort through the documents and decide what to keep and what to delete. My hope is that eventually I'll be able to locate what I need quickly.
  Like my paper sorting, this has required me to establish some ground rules.

1) Is it the version I'm currently using? For some strange I kept the original draft of my documents.
2) Have I touched it in a few years? I keep old project files. Some are great options for journal articles. Others really should be deleted. If I haven't touched it, it's time to decide if it's going to be useful.
3) Should it be stored somewhere else? Something are better on a back-up drive.

What are your rules?

No comments:

Post a Comment