Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sorting Saturday: What books do I keep?

   Every time I review archival and paper storage techniques, I'm left with questions about how to manage family collections. Books are my personal challenge. Most families inherit a mix of books from many eras. Many were popular novels in the era. Some have become classics; others have not.
  As a result, I've tried to develop a system for deciding which books to keep. These are my rules:
    1. Does it directly relate to my family? Personally, I've inherited a genealogy or two and other useful documents.
    2. Is it rare or otherwise unique?
    3.  Am I going to read it?

  What are your rules for deciding what to keep?

1 comment:

  1. I also keep books that are inscribed in front and signed by a family member.

    ReplyDelete