Sunday, November 25, 2012

Genealogy Mysteries?: My Favorite Mystery Novels...

   I'm a bit of a "cozy" mystery addict. (For those of you who don't know, cozies are light murder mysteries. No gore, just a good story.) And recently, I've been noticing a trend. A lot of cozy writers have begun weaving family stories into their novels. Sometimes the detail adds flavor to a story; others, it's key to the story.
   Here are a few of my favorites. Have I missed anything?

Melissa Bourbon, Magical Dressmaking Mystery Series: The characters in this series are endowed with magical gifts, courtesy of their common ancestor - Butch Cassidy. Harlow Jane Cassidy, the main character, uses her magical gifts to help solve mysteries in her Texas town. Here's the author's website.

Sheila Connolly, The Orchard Series: Meg, the main character of the series, solves murder mysteries while exploring the history of her inherited home.


No comments:

Post a Comment