Friday, December 14, 2012

Follow Friday: New England Travels

  It's official... I love travel blogs when they "show" me where my ancestors lived. New England Travels is one of these blogs. Written by a New England based travel writer, the blog offers mini-histories of different towns through their landmarks. I've separated the extensive postings just down to Connecticut. While I have seen some critiques as to the blog's accuracy, the basic histories seem to be good. I loved the story of Chester (which is definitely true). I just wish I could identify my relatives in the photos - a few served as extras. The Middletown post was also a gem. I've been by that statute many times and knew nothing about it. My only complaint - please use citations. I'd love to know where your information comes from!

No comments:

Post a Comment