Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tech Tuesday: What would you like to see on a Connecticut genealogy tourism website?

   I've playing with the idea of genealogy tourism for a while. I've traveled to my ancestor's home towns before but never in an organized manner. I've been lucky enough to be able to speak the language and to understand how the archives work. But I couldn't do this in all of my ancestors' homes.
   In addition to wondering about how it might benefit me, I've also wondered about how genealogical tourism might benefit Connecticut. We're the "hometown" for much of the country. I've seen suggestions of great genealogical tourism websites, including  from Oklahoma and Scotland (thanks to APG members!), but I'm not quite sure what the best way to build one for Connecticut would be. We're not foreign - and a lot of our research is available online. What would you like to see from a Connecticut genealogy tourism website?

2 comments:

  1. Info on archives & libraries: their addresses, hours & their holdings. Places to stay & maybe eat while working in those archives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colleen! I hear a lot of people comment that they prefer to research at FHL - which doesn't have everything. I'd love to know what would draw people to CT.

    ReplyDelete