Friday, January 25, 2013

Follow Friday: Calling all Connecticut Genealogy and History Bloggers!

   After looking through a few hundred genealogy blogs, I decided it was time to send out a request. Do you know of a good genealogy or history blog covering Connecticut that I haven't already reviewed? Please share.
   In the meantime, I thought I'd share a Civil War site that might be helpful to a few of you. Damian Shiels runs Irish in the American Civil War . An Irish archeologist, Shiels is clearly interested in the Civil War from all sides. Blog posts profile soldiers from both sides of the conflict, discuss Irish attitudes towards African-Americans, and much more. I admire the author's attempt to handle contentious topics with care and sensitivity as well as his clear effort towards historical accuracy (most have images of documents). It's an interesting read - and may provide those of you with Irish ancestors with new information!

No comments:

Post a Comment