Friday, April 26, 2013

Follow Friday: Trees for Wethersfield

    Did you know village improvement associations still exist? Yes, it was news to me, too... My sense of the village improvement society came straight out of the Anne of Green Gables series. At least until I stumbled across the blog for Wethersfield's Village Improvement Association.
    According to the blog, the mission of the Association is to "enhancing the local streetscape." In 2009, they launched a movement they called "Trees for Wethersfield." The goal of the movement was to replace trees that had been removed from the surrounding streets. Straightforward, right? Unfortunately, the website for the group is defunct, so I can't tell you the results of the effort.
  So, why am I sharing Trees for Wethersfield? Because the blog has a nice Wethersfield history section. It even has historic photos - my favorite. Some of the content was copied from other sources; some of it is unique to the site. If you have Wethersfield ancestors, it is definitely worth the look!

No comments:

Post a Comment