Friday, September 26, 2014

Sheila Connolly's Scandal in Skibberdeen

Although it's not mentioned often, I know the mystery lovers among us are thrilled every time we succeed in locating a "genealogical" mystery. There are a few well known ones, such as the Torie O'Shea series. A few lesser known works also weave in genealogical themes. Yet, every time I stumbled across one of Sheila Connolly's books, they always seem to fit the bill.
 Her latest, Scandal in Skibbereen, centers on a search for a missing painting. And of course, the former professional genealogist weaves her training.  To find the missing masterpiece, a New York museum curator and an American born pub owner end up delving deep into a family's history - with a few unexpected results.
   I don't want to spoil a read with any more details, but I highly recommend the novel!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendations, Bryna, I've just put one of Rett's mysteries on hold at the local library!

    ReplyDelete